Terms and Conditions - Alpaca Adoption
- It is understood by all parties that “adoption” does not imply ownership in any way of the chosen alpaca. The alpaca will remain at Harmony Meadows Alpaca and all visits to the farm must be arranged in advance.
- An alpaca may be “adopted” by more than one person.
- Alpaca adoption is valid for 1 year (start date chosen at time of purchase).
- All adoptions are non-refundable. In the event that your initially chosen alpaca is no longer available, you will be given the opportunity to choose another alpaca for the duration of the adoption period. You will receive an adoption certificate, genealogy and fibre sample of the newly chosen alpaca.
- Please allow for up to 2 weeks to receive your adoption package (we strive to get things out as soon as possible but this timeframe also takes into consideration the time required for the shipping itself).
- All packages are sent via Canada Post
- We will be in touch once we have received your order to confirm details for shipping, etc depending on your chosen package
- Discounts for the Alpaca Fans and Alpaca Champions are for use by, or on behalf of the individual(s) named on the adoption certificate only.
The Adopt an Alpaca Program is designed to assist Harmony Meadows Alpaca in providing care for animals that are not suitable for use in a fibre production or breeding program, but who still deserve to live out their days in a happy and safe environment. Many of the alpacas that fall into these categories are ones that we have rescued or obtained from other farms and livestock owners who can no longer care for their animals.
We offer (almost) all of the alpacas at Harmony Meadows as part of our Adoption Program, not just the ones mentioned above because, although many alpacas may not be as interactive as others, every alpaca is a valuable member of the herd and has the opportunity to be the ambassador for those who are more shy.