YOUR PRIVACY AND OUR WEBSITE
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
We collect information when you sign-up to our news letter, use our contact us form, send us an email, purchase an or service item online, or utilize one of our social media channels.
We collect information about you, including:
- Identification information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, or phone number.
- For events that serve alcohol we may collect information about your date of birth, and this information is used for age verification purposes only.
We also collect information when you upload to or communicate with us using any of our social media accounts:
- Pictures or Videos you send us, or upload to our pages
- Comments and opinions you may share with us and others on these platforms
Some of the information we collect is collected to comply with applicable laws and regulations, including anti-money laundering laws.
What we do not collect:
- Details on government issued ID (Drivers License, Health Card, Social Security or others)
- Financial information (Credit Card, Bank Card, CVC, PIN, or other methods of payment); all of our payment processing is handled by Shopify, and we do not see or have access to this information at any time during a card not present transaction.
For the protection and care of our animals we utilize IP based Video Security equipment on our farm. Security Video is not published online anywhere, and is only visible to authorized members of our farm, and, if required law enforcement agencies via password protected interfaces (web browser and mobile applications). Video is stored electronically onsite, and may have a backup copy offsite within Canada, and is maintained for a maximum of 30 days unless required as part of a criminal or civil court proceeding.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share information about you as follows:
- With other organizations that we have a commercial relationship with for on farm events that you may have signed up for, attended, or will be attending in the future.
- With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our farm.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary (i) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request (e.g., from tax authorities), (ii) to enforce or comply with our General Terms or other applicable agreements or policies, (iii) to protect our rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services, or (iv) to protect us, users of our Services or the public from harm or potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- With your consent for other purposes not listed above.
We will not sell, or share your information for unsolicited marketing, or advertising purposes.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from Harmony Meadows Alpaca by following the instructions in those messages, or by changing your notification settings by logging into your online booking account. If you decide to opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as digital receipts and messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We hold information about you at our own premises and with the assistance of third-party service providers. We restrict access to personal information, and only members of the farm staff that are authorized and required to as a function of their job to have access to this information.
Nevertheless, Harmony Meadows and its owners cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. In the event that any information in our possession or under our control is compromised as a result of a security breach, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps in accordance with applicable laws or regulations.
We can be reached for questions or concerns at:
Robert & Kristi Mercier, owners
Harmony Meadows Alpaca Farm
6185 Sixth Line
Belwood, Ontario, Canada
Kristi Mercier - President pacaHarmony